Pistachio Parsley Pesto2013-02-13
- Yield : 1/2 cup
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 15m
This Pistachio Parsley Pesto recipe is a lovely alternative to the normal basil/pine nuts mix. The pistachios give it a lovely, deep, semi-sweetish flavor that paired beautifully with our seared rare lamb chops. It will go equally well tossed with roasted potatoes, pasta, or on grilled steaks.
- 2 cups fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup shelled salted and toasted pistachios (the newest of the good for you foods!)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a food processor, combine the parsley, garlic and pistachios. Using on/off pulses, pulse to combine. With the motor running, add the olive oil in a steady stream, process until the mixture is the consistency of a grainy mustard. Add the cheese, pulse to combine. Remove to a bowl, add the lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. (If the pesto seems to thick, thin with a bit of water).
Lamb Chops with Pistachio Parsley Pesto